By George Watson
This special source presents one hundred ninety high-interest, ready-to-use actions to assist scholars grasp simple math talents— together with entire numbers, decimals, fractions, probabilities, funds ideas, geometry and dimension, charts and graphs, and pre-algebra— to be used with scholars of various skill levels.All actions are classroom-tested and offered in a number of unique codecs, akin to puzzles, crosswords, matching, word/number searches, quantity substitutions, and extra. Plus, many actions contain "Quick entry info" flags supplying useful details on key suggestions.
Read or Download 190 Ready-to-Use Activities That Make Math Fun! PDF
Similar study & teaching books
Reflecting progress in examine curiosity in moment language vocabulary over the last 30 years, this edited quantity explores the present topics and attainable destiny instructions in moment language vocabulary study. the gathering brings jointly overview papers and quantitative stories, and considers vocabulary within the contexts of training, studying and evaluate.
The purchase of L2 Phonology is a wide-ranging new assortment which specializes in numerous elements of the purchase of an L2 phonological process. The authors are researchers and practitioners from 5 diversified international locations. the quantity has been divided into 3 significant sections. Phonetic research provides 5 stories of language novices in either naturalistic and formal-educational settings, which illustrate points of L2 construction and notion.
- Language Planning and Education (Edinburgh Textbooks in Applied Linguistics)
- The Roles of Representation in School Mathematics: 2001 Yearbook (Yearbook National Council of Teachers of Mathematics)
- Cross-Curricular Teaching and Learning in the Secondary School (Cross-Curricular Teaching and Learning in...)
- Mathematics, its magic and mastery
- Twilight at Conner Prairie: The Creation, Betrayal, and Rescue of a Museum
- Teach Yourself Modern Greek
Additional info for 190 Ready-to-Use Activities That Make Math Fun!
8. How many miles per hour can the alien walk? _________________ 9. How many miles per hour can the human walk? _________________ 10. How fast does the alien ship travel in miles per hour (mph)? _________________ 11. How many more pounds does an average-sized human’s skin weigh than the average alien’s skin? _______________ 52 Copyright © 2003 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ★ NAME DATE 48. The Great Overlapping Math Puzzle ★ In this puzzle, you must calculate the first problem under Set A (2251 # 25).
8452 # 52 18. 19. 752 821 + 947 20. 7943 # 43 21. 3 g 456 22. 9 g702 24. 7772 - 4449 25. 23. 89g 2047 34 47532 - 9499 4273 # 273 Copyright © 2003 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ★ NAME DATE 33. Skills Mastery Test—Whole Numbers: Part Two ★ Find the Greatest Common Factor of these number pairs: 1. 15 and 21 ★ 2. 10 and 25 Find the Least Common Multiple of these number pairs: 4. 2 and 7 ★ 3. 12 and 32 5. 8 and 12 6. 27 and 45 Round off the numbers below to the place indicated: Nearest Thousand Nearest Hundred Nearest Ten Copyright © 2003 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
8419 - 298 9. 7514 - 321 10. 8714 - 329 & & & 21 NAME DATE 20. The Prime Number Division Chart ★ Complete the following chart to see if the numbers in the column on the left can be divided by the prime numbers to the right. ) Can the number on the left be divided evenly by these prime numbers? (Yes or No) Numbers 2 26 YES 3 5 7 11 13 27 NO 33 44 52 30 105 42 154 143 195 22 Copyright © 2003 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 56 NAME DATE 21. Composite Number Gaps QUICK ACCESS INFORMATION ➜ Composite numbers are the numbers that result from multiplying any number (other than 1) by another number.